Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taking Superstitions Too Seriously

I've never been someone you could call overly superstitious; except when it comes to hockey. If the Habs go on losing streaks, I'll do just about anything, including switching beer brands, what channel I watch the game on, where I sit on the couch, which bar I watch the game at, etc. So after having success in the first 2 games of the conference quarter finals against Boston, I thought I knew the winning formula.

So on Monday, as I prepared to head to the Bell Centre, I wore the necklace I believed to be lucky, I called my dad to ask him which shirt I should wear (on Saturday he advised I wear my Cammalleri shirt, and who should score the first Habs goal but none other than #13!), I went to Mclean's pregame to have Guinness and chicken wings, and yet the Habs lost.

As I made my way home, I was racking my brain trying to decide what I had done differently. I had worn bleu, blanc, rouge war paint rather than the CH crest temporary tattoo, could that be the reason? Is it because I was AT the game, rather than watching from Mclean's? And then, I realized something important: maybe, just maybe, I have absolutely no control over how the Habs play, and perhaps their loss had absolutely nothing to do with me?

I know it's tough to swallow, Habs fans, but don't let your superstitions get the best of you! Try to enjoy the playoff run, and don't beat yourselves up!

1 comment:

peter.schiavi@ctv.ca said...

hi

looking for superstitious habs fans for our coverage for game 7 tonight, i guess you fit the bill

contact me if you are interested

thanks